Dienstag, 5. Mai 2015

Energyballs alla Ferrero Rocher

To make my own chocolate has become a bit of a passion. I love trying out new recipes, experiment with them and try different variations.

These energyballs are in every way amazing! They are packed with nutritious ingredients and taste like my beloved Ferrero Rocher. They contain no refined sugar. 
The sweetness comes from dates and raisins which are mixed with oats, roasted hazelnuts and cacao or cocoa. 
A devine indulgence that is healthy at the same time. A perfect snack when you´re on-the-go, or outside with your kids and they need a bit of energy or just to treat yourself when you´re craving for chocolate.

Speaking of kids. My little sunshine loves to help me make them. It´s a great activity for rainy afternoons and I believe that children can only benefit from involving them in the kitchen.


RECIPE
30 energyballs

Ingredients
1 cup pitted dates
1/3 cup raisins
1,5 cups hazelnuts
1 cup oats
2 tbsp cacao or cocoa
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
1 pinch of salt

Method
1. Put the dates and the raisins in a bowl and cover them with water. Let them soak for at least one hour.

2. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the hazelnuts on a baking tray and bake them in the oven for about 5 minutes. Don´t get distracted by other things. The nuts burn rather quickly.

3. As soon as the nuts smell lovely hazelnutty remove them from the oven and put them into a bowl to let them cool down. Don´t leave them on the baking tray, because they keep cooking on the tray and might burn.

4. Drain the soaked dates and raisins and save 125ml of the soaking water.

5. Place the cooled hazelnuts in a food processor and mix them until they are coarsely ground. Put half of the nuts in a bowl and set them aside for later. 

6. Add all the remaining ingredients and the soaking water and mix until everything is well combined.

7. Remove the knife from your food prozessor before you proceed making the balls!

8. Take about 1 teaspoon worth of the "dough", form it into balls and roll them in the remaining hazelnuts until they are nicely covered.

You can keep them in the fridge for up to two weeks, I have heard. I can´t confirm that from my own experience, because they hardly ever survive a day in my house. I´m not the only one in my family who loves Ferrero Rocher ;)






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen